Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tea Cups

Anna, Nicole and I saw this idea at a craft fair...oh...a year and a half ago. I have been on the look out for cute tea cups ever since. The tea cups are all thrift store finds. This makes them unique and less expensive, but I was surprised to find they are still pretty pricey - $2 to $7 each with the average around $5.

On a pole in the yard with bird seed:
The pole is made of metal that my dad cut for me. We thought it was copper and would be easy to cut, but it turns out there was a steel center. Yikes! So I need to find an alternative for next time. There is a little copper cap on the bottom so you can take the tea cup off for washing and refilling.

I also modified the design for people without yards. On a hanging chain with a plant:The chain is just a bulk cut from the local hardware store, attached with epoxy and a key ring to hang from. It was hard to center the three chains and get them to stay in place while the epoxy dried. But I'm sure it was easier than cutting those poles!

No comments:

Post a Comment