Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spice Racks

This seemed like such a simple idea, but it caused me so many problems!
Anna told me about a project where you cover canvas with cute fabric and turn it into a magnetic spice rack. I ordered tins online and was able to get them for about 50 cents a piece, compared to the 2 dollars you often see in stores.
The problem was finding magnets strong enough. I finally found some at Fred Myer, though it cost $2.50 for 6 magnets and I had to glue one to the bottom of the tin and one to the back of the canvas. (Watch your polarity!)
But I think it turned out cute anyway. I printed some labels for common spices and put them in a bag on the back so the tins could be labeled appropriately.

1 comment:

  1. It looks nice! The first one I made was problematic as well. The second one went a bit better, but I didn't wind up using it as a spice rack.

    ReplyDelete