Sunday, December 19, 2010

Record Clocks

I've been playing with different ideas for clocks since this seems like one of the more unique and easy to make gift ideas. All you need is have is a hole and a way to hang it, and you can turn anything into a clock! I've seen CDs, Mac n Cheese boxes, etc.

I decided to do a few record clocks. The record hole is slightly too small to fit even the smallest clock piece I found, so I made it a tiny bit larger with a pair of scissors. I attached it to the record cover with Velcro and sewed picture hooks into the album cover with wire. The only problem I came across is that the record leaned down. So I took a foam block and glued it to the clock piece to help the record stick out level.
Nothing is directly attached to the record, so all you have to do is unscrew the clock piece if you wanted to play it. I don't think I enlarged the hole enough to cause a problem.

2 comments: